Google
 

Monday, April 28, 2008

Afghans 4 Afghans

Afghans for Afghans is an organization that sends warm items to the people of Afghanistan. These people suffer greatly from years of war and oppression. Our hand made items can help keep them warm as we reach out a hand for understanding and compassion. There are two campaigns for much needed items explained below. All items must be at least 75% wool or other natural animal fibers. (yes I know it's expensive).

The first campaign is for newborn items. They need hats, socks and blankets for babies. Please check the requirements for sizes and other details before starting anything.

The other campaign is for rectangular shawls. These need to be rectangular and bigger than what we would normally make. Again check the size and pattern requirements on the website.

4 comments:

crochetbutterfly said...

Hi Deb, I am trying to crochet the sweater set pattern that you posted here. I really don't know what I am doing!! For one thing
would you tell me if I am starting with the top of the sweater or the bottom. I am really lost when it comes to dc the two v-stitches together with a dc. when i do that it leaves a hole about l" diameter. If this is supposed to be the armhole mine faces down rather than on the sides like yours are. It is such a cute pattern and so easy to read but I just cannot seem to get it to look
anything like yours. My problem starts at Row 7 in the folding. I would appreciate it so much if you
would explain how to fold this and how you got the sleeves to come out of the sides. Also if I am starting from the top of the sweater or the bottom. I'm sorry you are probably confused but I have tried this pattern several times and am frustrated. you are my last resort!! Thank you for any help you can give me.

Deb Upcycles said...

A couple things, your starting from the neckline, if your armholes are that small you either have the guage wrong (sorry I forgot it in the pattern but it's added now). Or, for some reason your not adding the correct number of stitches with the V stitches. Check to make sure that each section between V-stitches increases by 2 stitches (8 for the entire row) each row. If not you may be skipping a stitch or two. You will be adding the sleeves later. I've added a couple changes on the pattern including guage and a few phrases to clarify things. Hope this helps. If not please contact me again.

crochetbutterfly said...

Hi Deb, you're right I was not increasing in each row. I was doing a v-st in each v-st but not
doing the dc in each dc of the v-st. You commented that you fixed the pattern including the gauge and other comments. When will you post the revised pattern? When you do would you please let me know? Thank you so much for the quick response. I really appreciate it. I am a die-hare and I have been redoing this pattern for hours!! (unfortunately the wrong way!!)

Deb Upcycles said...

The changes are made